Sustainable Packaging involves a conscious decision by brand owners to evaluate the complete life cycle of a product's packaging—from design and material use through distribution and end-of-life scenarios—to maximize cost-effectiveness, while at the same time minimizing packaging’s impact on the environment.
NACD member companies understand the importance of Sustainable Packaging and its global and environmental impact.
For more information on Sustainable Packaging, use the links below:
- Sustainable Packaging - Presented by Pat Reynolds, Editor-in-Chief, Packaging World, at the NACD 2007 Annual Convention
- Sustainable Packaging Coalition
- National Association for PET Container Resources
- The Biodegradable Products Institute
- Container Recycling Institute
- Industry Council for Packaging and the Environment
- Institute of Packaging Professionals - Sustainable Packaging Technical Committee